Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Setup Firefox To Run Multiple Google Apps Accounts


Back in 2009 was investigating how to setup IE8 to run multiple Gmail accounts.

I really wanted to access two or more Gmail accounts in multiple browser windows without having to log out of any of them.

Since that time, I've reduced my IE8 dependence and switched over to the Firefox and Chrome browsers. For over a year, I've been running multiple instances of Firefox, managing multiple clients and accounts in multiple, independent browser windows.


Recently, I received a tweet about a security hole that exploited Internet cross site behavior. Only, I didn't see the same thing that they were outlining because of the way I had Firefox set up.

Which made me think that maybe it was time to revisit how to setup the Firefox browser to launch independent windows instead of sharing all of the application data between windows.

You can find the post on setting up Firefox for multiple Gmail sessions on my Wordpress blog, www.larryprevost.com.

No comments: